ramblings, stories, photos, rants and ravings from James and Penelope, the skipper and first mate of Alizée, a 2001 Cabo Rico 36, who sail, mess about on boats, travel, read, write and otherwise enjoy life to the fullest, and whose skipper plays jazz piano and dabbles in the history of technology & the environment.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
- Name: james and penelope
- Location: Deland, St. Pete or somewhere at sea, Eastern seaboard and Gulf of Mexico, United States
James is retired from academia after over thirty years teaching history, he spends as much time as possible sailing with his wife and true love Penelope. This plus a bit of writing and reading to keep the mind alive, some travel, and making music makes life rich and sometimes unpredictable.
Alizée's Sailing Location
- Google map location for Alizée
- Alizée, Cabo Rico 36 maintenance log
- James's professional web site
- Music gigs and good jazz
- "Messing about on boats..." SFGate Community Blog
- photo albums
- 70.8% - maybe the best sailing and boat building blog anywhere
- Boating.com - the complete boating resource
- WaveTrain - Charlie Doane's blog and more
- Resources for Cruising Sailors
- Blue Water Sailing
- Cruisers & Sailing Forums
- Cruising with Soggy Paws - Cousin Dave's cruising blog
- Journey - David Royall's sailing and photography blog
- Destiny's Travels - John & Gilly's travel blog
- Sailing and other things - Mischief's blog
- Azure II - Rodney & Jane Pimentel's cruising blog
- Shaman - Steve Waterloo's Cal 40 blog
- Sail Proximity - Rod Lambert & Elisabeth Lehmberg's travel blog
- Stella Blue - Wally Bryant's cruising blog
- Crossingmeadows - G.W. Meadow's cruising blog
- Martin Weller's really wonderful sailing journal
- Blogging Live on the ICW with a link to sailing songs
- Davis Island Yacht Club, Tampa FL
- Boca Ciega Yacht Club, Gulfport FL
- Encinal Yacht Club, Alameda CA
- National Data Buoy Center
- Captain's Weather - eastern seaboard
- Commanders' Weather service
- Marine Weather Underground
- Intellicast Interactive Weather Site
- Barometer Bob's Abacos, Bahamas Weather
- Passage Sailing Weather service
- Oh, I wish I'd created this ...
- Memories of sailing the bay...
- Ready for sailing ...
- Le Boating the Garonne Canal ...
- Update on Alizee's forestay incident...
- Birthday in Paris...
- Storm a-comin' ...
- Memories ...
- Glasgow, Scotland ...
- Thinking about sailing...
Alizée's Internal Links
Good Sailing and Cruising Sites
Friends Sailing and Cruising Blogs
Our Yacht Clubs
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE