Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sailing out to meet a Pac Cup returnee...

While I was enjoying my time on the Chesapeake and in Oriental, my friend John McCartney was trying to bring his Nordic 44, Music, home from Hawaii after placing second in his division in the Pacific Cup race this summer. He'd had two starts home that both needed to be aborted, and finally the third succeeded.

It was my great luck to be sailing on Dog Days when he arrived through the Golden Gate on Music last Saturday, and I was equally fortunate to be the only boat from our club (the Encinal Yacht Club) to meet him outside the estuary. It's impossible to tell anyone how thrilled he and his crew were to see us, camera in hand to snap some photos, and welcome them home. Maybe you can see his grin.


Check out John's Pac-Cup blog, which tells you the whole story. It's really well done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home